TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I couldn't disagree with you more
People Seeking Info

Subject I couldn't disagree with you more

Posted by -Grimm- on April 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 351 times.

In Reply To Don't do it! posted by ConVerTT on April 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Message I despise the term 'Engineered to fail'. Nothing is designed to fail, it is designed to survive in given circumstances for a set lifespan (which for car manufacturers is typically 250k-300k miles on major powertrain).

The problem isn't that they're 'Engineered to fail', it's that theyre designed to be used and maintained properly. Naturally there is no chance the engineers can predict every scenario the car (produced in the tens of thousands) will be subjected to.

From my experience, the V30DE block is stonger than many other similar (V6) engines. How many engines do you see with a forged crank, forged rods, and main cap girdles stock? Sure it has pitfalls, but we're talking about technology from the mid to late 80's.

Let's also mention the red line on the tach is a safety factor lower than the actual harmonic redline (generally determined by valvetrain, not bearings). And that there is another rev limit build into the ECU to keep you from damaging anything should you try to push past the visual redline.

Done :)

------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 300ZX NA 5 Sp (Dead)
1990 300ZX NA Auto 2+2 (Dead)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (Building)
2004 G35 Sport 6MT (DD)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.